Sunday, November 16, 2008

My word the week goes by fast, especially Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Ha. Ha. Tuesday I left school right with my students and headed over to Logan. Mom and I went to see the African's Children Choir. It was thrilling for me. I am still in awe over these young children. They were so beautiful and so full of the music of life. Thank you Mom for taking me. Wednesday I had library board meeting. Check my blog next week because I will try to have some pictures from our family night at the library. This will be Monday night. The theme is pirates. Gregg and I went to the movies on Thursday night, Fly Boys, it was great. I spent Saturday working on some crafty things. I made a shirt for pirate night and I also made some little Christmas trees to put out at the cemetary. I also painted a little sleigh to hold my Christmas CD's. It didn't turn out so well. I hurried too fast. Well, let's see. School was very busy this week. Tuesday was Veteran's Day. We had an awesome program. Wednesday was picture day. That is a confusing riot. Thursday we had a motivational speaker. It was OK. I hope next week goes by just as fast. Everyone have a great week and do your best at whatever you are doing. Have fun too.
"We are the African children's Choir. We are all between seven and eleven years old and we come from Africa. We come from very poor villages and many of us are orphans. Our families find it hard to care for us. Children in our villages often do not learn to read or write because their families cannot afford to send them to school. But thanks to your love and generosity, and the work of the African Children's Choir our lives will be different! After our tour we will go home to learn, grow, and make it better there. "

These are my Christmas trees. I am going out to the cemetaries today.

My pirate shirt. It was fun to do. I also have a hat with hair on it. I'll post more next week about this event.

1 comment:

Annie said...

i like your shirt you made! its amazing!!!! im guessing the pirate theme is in school??
take care
much love
annie