Sunday, August 17, 2008

This is the Beginning

Taryn has finally convinced me that I would really like to blog. You know me; I'm more of a reader and I really enjoy reading the blogs and looking at the pictures, but I guess I'll give it a go. I really don't know what I'm doing. Practice makes perfect right!
We have had a really fast but fun summer. We have done everything from working hard in the house and garden to seeing quite a few movies. I hope the garden comes to fuition before the first freeze. It would be a pity to see all that hard work go to waste. We have loved taking jeep rides, especially to the bird refuge to see the Great American Bitterns. I have learned a new sound to add to my repertoire of sound effects for my eighth graders. Have you ever heard a bittern? They make a crazy sound. I have loved having Taryn and Cameron home a lot this summer. I will really miss not seeing them on the weekends. They both have a really hard school semester coming up and Gregg and I are so proud of them for working so hard at their education. It will pay off I'm sure. They have been great company this summer. I especially enjoyed the day that they took me fishing. We had a fun Kunz reunion and got to renew some old acquaintances. I went to 12 hours of opera in two days with my Mom. It was wonderful. I love having Mom and John live so close. Mom, Taryn, and I went shopping for scrubbs and shoes for Taryn. It was the easiest school shopping I've ever done. We then went and saw Mama Mia. This is probably my new most favorite movie.
Gregg has worked really hard this summer. He is working for both the county and the city of Paris. It doesn't leave much time for fun. I really appreciate his hard work.
Well this just touches a few of the summer experiences. I hope all these words will end up where they are supposed to go on my blog. I will try for pictures next time. Ha. Ha. See you all later. Have a great start in school or whatever endeavor you are beginning.

No comments: